- Kilmacanogue National School seeks to foster a welcoming environment where every child will be valued, cherished and NURTURED. We will encourage and guide every child to develop their talents and gifts while caring for each other in the way Jesus taught us. As a school community, we value the contribution of all its members, respect their uniqueness and respond to their individual needs in a caring and supportive manner.
- Our motto is: ‘If it’s not nice, we don’t do it and if it’s not nice, we don’t say it.’
- We like using and acting out words such as: respect, dignity, hard-working, praise, kindness, gentle, caring, friendly, forgive, include, protect, honest, generous, welcome and our favourite word is: ENCOURAGE. We encourage each other to be the very best that we can be and to do the right thing.
- The community of Kilmacanogue National School comprises of many different types of people; pupils, parents, teachers and support staff, Parent’s Association and Board of Management. As a school community, we promote partnership between the home, the school and the parish and we work together to achieve our aims.
- To promote a secure and happy atmosphere within a stimulating environment where the children learn effectively.
- To provide equal access for all children to a broad balanced curriculum which takes into account the requirements of the Department of Education.
- To help the children acknowledge that every person is uniquely created by God, is valued equally and is cherished for who he/she is
- To foster and encourage tolerance, confidence, respect, politeness and high standards of behaviour.
The atmosphere of our School
- The aim of the staff of Kilmacanogue National School is to provide a secure, welcoming and happy atmosphere in our school.
- Children look forward to the day in our school. Parents know that they can come to us to discuss their fears and concerns for their children.
- The atmosphere in the classroom is stimulating where the children learn effectively. Tolerance, confidence, respect, politeness and high standards of behaviour are fostered and encouraged.