KILMACANOGUE NATIONAL SCHOOL
WEDNESDAY NEWSLETTER JUNE 3rd 2020
WE LOVE THE BOYS AND GIRLS OF
KILMACANOGUE NATIONAL SCHOOL
Dear Parents/Guardians and of course Boys and Girls,
How is everyone keeping? Isn’t it hard to believe that the start of June 2020 has arrived? I have been doing lots of walking in the evenings after working during the day, and it is great to see that the sky is bright until about 10pm!
Happy Birthday to those boys and girls who celebrated their special day a few days ago and to those who will celebrate it in a few days:
Happy Birthday to Finn Kynes from 1st Class yesterday
Happy Birthday to Toby Wainwrightsmith from 5th Class yesterday
Happy Birthday to Noah O’Sullivan from 6th Class yesterday
Happy Birthday to James Devine from 1st Class tomorrow
Thanks to all the parents/guardians who, so far, have collected their children’s schoolbooks, following strict HSE and gov.ie guidelines. There is still a number of books to be collected. Please keep in contact with your child’s teacher for information in this regard.
June is definitely going to be all about activities and less about writing or school work! So keep a look out for your teachers telling you their exciting ideas and plans for Activity Week and Friendship Week.
I have emailed another little Spark Video which I hope you will be able to download, this time featuring the Sponsored Walk as well as the children in their class group photos from a couple of year ago! Enjoy!!
I have heard of lots of Zoom quiz meetings taking place and indeed I have taken part in a few myself, but alas, my general knowledge needs a lot of work!! Have you taken part in any? They are great fun! I think that when school reopens, we shall have to have lots of fun quizzes!!
Remember to keep in contact via the school’s email address kilmacanoguens.com and check out the school website www.kilmacschool.ie and Twitter @kilmacanoguens.com and of course keep in contact with your class teacher. We always love hearing from you.
And now for Miss Murray’s joke.
Why couldn’t the pony sing a lullaby?…..Because she was a little horse!!
Niamh Murray (Principal)
Some More Fun Interesting Facts
- Tomatoes and avocados are fruits, not vegetables.
- As well as having unique fingerprints, we all have unique tongue prints.
- There are more stars in space than there are grains of sand on a beach.
- Horses and cows sleep standing up.
- It would take only one hour to drive to space.
- Slugs have four noses.
- A hippopotamus can run faster than a man.
- Water covers 70% of Earth.
- The shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.
- An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its whole brain.
- About 70% of an adult’s body is water.
- Your nose and ears continue growing for your entire life.
- A dog’s nose is like a human fingerprint – unique to its owner.
- Your heart is about the same size as your fist.