KILMACANOGUE NATIONAL SCHOOL
WEDNESDAY NEWSLETTER MAY 20th 2020
WE LOVE THE BOYS AND GIRLS OF
KILMACANOGUE NATIONAL SCHOOL
Dear Parents/Guardians and of course Boys and Girls,
How are you all keeping? I hope that you are enjoying this lovely weather and getting out and about.
I would like to mention a Happy Birthday to the boys and girls who celebrated their special day a few days ago and will celebrate it in a few days:
Happy Birthday to Aoibhe Nolan from 5th Class last Monday
Happy Birthday to Teresa Mason from Senior Infants last Monday
Happy Birthday to Calum Cunnane from 6th Class last Monday
Happy Birthday to Ben Dempsey from Senior Infants yesterday
Happy Birthday to Joshua Lacey from 6th Class tomorrow
Happy Birthday to Bryn Kelly from 1st Class on Friday
Happy Birthday to Katie Moore from 4th Class on Saturday
Did you enjoy the photographs taken from 2017 of the children celebrating Hallowe’en and Christmas which I sent you via Spark Video? I will have more of those lovely surprises for you all over the next few days and weeks.
Speaking of surprises, the teachers are organising some fantastic activities for Friendship Week and Active Schools’ Week. Keep on the look-out for these over the next few weeks too.
I am delighted that the children from 2nd Class enjoyed their little Prayer Service Booklet including the lovely hymns as well as the beautiful video Blessing from Fr Hyacinth which I sent them at 10am last Saturday May 16th which would have been the very day and time for their First Holy Communion. Of course, it does not beat the real event and celebration, but do not worry, it will happen, just as it will happen for our wonderful 6th Class boys and girls for their Confirmation.
At the moment, the teachers are busy filling in their report cards for the children. These will be based mainly on the interaction the teachers had with the children up to March 12th, when the schools closed. The report cards will be posted during the second week of June and once you have received the cards, please feel free to contact me or your child’s teacher to discuss the contents of the report card should you wish to do so up to June 26th.
Remember to keep in contact via the school’s email address kilmacanoguens.com, the school website www.kilmacschool.ie and Twitter @kilmacanoguens.com and of course keep in contact with your class teacher. We always love hearing from you.
And now for Miss Murray’s joke
What do you call an alligator in a vest???……..An investigator!!
Niamh Murray (Principal)
Ten Fun Interesting Fact
- In the wild, some reindeer travel more than 3000 miles in a single year.
- Only half of the dolphin’s brain goes to sleep when asleep and the other half stays awake.
- Other than humans, emperor penguins are the only warm-blooded animal to stay on Antarctica for the winter.
- The largest living animal is the blue whale, which can measure as much as 100 feet.
- While pandas sometimes eat fish or small animals, 99% of their diet is bamboo.
- Venus spins clockwise. It’s the only planet that does!
- One million Earths could fit inside the sun!
- It takes eight minutes and 19 seconds for light to travel from the sun to Earth.
- The footprints on the moon will be there for 100 million years.
- The Earth’s core is as hot as the surface of the sun.